Lake Norman PDRA Quarry Report March 1st 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iztok

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Met with Scott H few minutes past 9. Temperature was around 40F. I had to setup my rig after the travel past weekend (Monterey, CA).

Once we suited up into drysuits and put BP/w on we went to the deep side entrance did buddy check and bubble checks. We've descended to the bass boat and continued to the crane. Visibility was great. For the first time I've actually seen the whole crane, not just small part of it. Circled around and went to the cabin cruiser. You could see the whole cruiser and deep platform as well as new deep platform in the distance. I would say viz was around 40 ft! Circled around the cruiser and decided to ascent towards the platform. Around 20-30ft area the visibility is somewhat limited due to some suspended particles. But even at 90ft you do not really need a light as sun penetrates the water quite good. After deep stops and safety stop we surfaced. Water has around 44F and air was around 42F by then.

Chatted with some other divers that arrived by then and were getting ready to dive re-breathers (their own design/manufacturing). Changed the tanks and decided to do a second dive in the training area. Run down to the VW bug and first platform followed by run to the swim troughs then to the boat near kick-cycle rope, followed the rope and returned next to the sea-do back near first platform. Hit VW bug again, made a turn to VW bus. Scott signaled being cold and we decided to ascent. Took the rope towards the pontoon boat on the surface.

All in all nice dives. Great visibility but water is darn cold!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom