Lake Murray Report -- Jul 12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richerso

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey y'all!
I made it out to Marietta Landing today with catsrule. I gotta tell you, the visibility just absolutely sucked. It was a rock solid 3-4 ft everywhere. Didn't make for very much fun on our dive.

The place was real crowded too. More crowded than I have ever seen it before (exceptin' holiday weekends). There was at least one training class there. I thought maybe the class was just mucking things up locally; but that didn't seem to be the case. The class instructor probably needs to be whipped. He took his large blue tarp and spread it out on the beach sand effectively blocking 60-70% of the standard beach entry area. The tarp was placed such that one edge of the tarp contacted the waterline. Go figure.

Also, we had to park some distance from the normal parking area as the parking area was full. Diving in Marietta Landing today wasn't much fun.

On a brighter note, we did take a nice tour of the crab trap location (land tour only), Tucker Tower, the marina. And, I finally got to meet Scuba J of Scuba J's Dive Shop! He's a really nice guy! To finish out the day, we had a really nice meal at La Roca.

John thanks for the trek report from north of the border.

Sorry it was not a better situation for your diving, but heck you got out of town with a friend and had a nice day!

:)

John thanks for the trek report from north of the border.

Sorry it was not a better situation for your diving, but heck you got out of town with a friend and had a nice day!

:)

A day of bad diving still beats the heck out of any day at work :D

At least your post will make those who couldn't get out to dive there feel better about not being able to dive :)

What a difference a few miles makes....
Lake Broken Bow was super nice today. We had a bit of rain but nothing more then a sprinkle. The vis was pretty darn good, the fish were out and the crowds stayed home. I only saw 3 boats on the lake all day !

Heck you know richerso,, 98% 'blue water' diver--- :eyebrow:

Hey!
I DON'T resemble that remark. I am more like 98% muck diver (due to economics alone).

Shoot! I knew I should have gone to BB instead! Well, so much for that plan; but I really had no choice. It was go to BB with Frank (no offense Frank) or go to Murray with a cute blonde. I won't accept any criticism from anyone on this decision.

Hey!
I DON'T resemble that remark. I am more like 98% muck diver (due to economics alone).

Shoot! I knew I should have gone to BB instead! Well, so much for that plan; but I really had no choice. It was go to BB with Frank (no offense Frank) or go to Murray with a cute blonde. I won't accept any criticism from anyone on this decision.

Guess we will give you a pass this once.:)

richerso always has some sort of hot skirt action happening.
at least that's my story.

of course... given my nature to spin tall tales who will ever believe me.

Hey!

So what you're saying is that Frank needs to color his hair? Lord knows he's plenty cute! :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom