Lake Murray Dive 09/21/2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just to let all of you know that might be planning on diving Lake Murray in the near future, vis is Good at Marietta Landing dive site. I made 2 dives there today and viz was 6-8 foot and water temp at the surface was 82 deg. Stayed above the first thermocline, hit it at 35' and went back up a few feet so can't comment on viz any deeper than that. I was very happy with the diving and with summer over and school back in, the lake was not busy at all on a friday afternoon. I was pretty hapy with the dive site, first time I have been there. For anyone who has not been there, there are a couple of small boats and at least 2 platforms all in te 15' to 20' range. Not sure what else is there, those that have dove this site more extensively would be the ones to ask on that, but not a bad place to log some bottom time if you are close.

I'm happy to hear the vis is getting better! We're planning on diving out there next weekend.

Murray is a nice place to go. You'll find that the Vis. is never what some people would call wonderful but you can see 15 feet there at times. During the Winter it gets clear all the way to the bottom. Pretty soon you'll have the whole lake to yourself.
Get up to Broken Bow if you get a chance. Diving is always good diving there.

Oh Yea... I forgot about them.
You're talking about the 2 Amish guys right ? :crafty:

You got it...AMISH fellows!! :)

What's all this talk about the Amish guys? I thought we ran them off.

Zzz... You Silly ... why would we do that !!? Who would hand us the warm towels and Snifters of fine Cognac at the bath house on those cold Winter days if not for them ?

Zzz... You Silly ... why would we do that !!? Who would hand us the warm towels and Snifters of fine Cognac at the bath house on those cold Winter days if not for them ?

Frank, you're the silly one on this. Everyone knows that the Amish are a simple folk. No Cognac, only corn liquer from the still poured into a Mason jar.

Well maybe it was like that last year but I have big plans for this Winter.

Back
Top Bottom