Lake Murray 8/12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YellowfinKunkfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Kory, John Chapman, and I went for a nice dive at Murray Sunday. The vis was okay, 6 to 10 feet, max depth was 30 feet. We went out from Marietta landing and swam along the west wall, just went out, and then came back. We saw lots of fish. Perch, Bass, some little striped fish, and some yellowish fish with a little horizontal black stripe. We saw some really neat rock formations, found the boat, and a platform. Also saw lots and lots of beer cans, and bottles.:shakehead: Next time we should take a bag and fill it up with trash!
There were only a couple of creepy trees that came out of no-where, but my buddy made sure I didn't run into them, cause I was too busy looking for stuff in the mud. Thought I had found a bone, and was picturing the headlines *Divers find human remains in Lake Murray*, but turns out it was big, squishy white fishing lure.:11doh: Yuck.

So, Anyway it was a VERY nice dive, I thought the vis was pretty good, at least it wasn't scary bad, and we didn't lose anyone! We were in the water right at 1 hour, so it was my first dive in Murray, and the longest one yet!! I wanted to go on a second dive, but both Kory and John wimped out on me, and said they were too tired! (I think they were just jealous because I ended up with more air than they did):D

Great day, one of the best dives I have had so far.

Rhonda

I know that place well and 6 feet of Vis. this time of year ain't too bad. I like to think if I can see 6 feet one way then turn my head and see 6 feet then I have 12 feet of, " total visibility " :wink:

....Way to go girl!!! :D

TwoBitTxn:
Whoooo Hoooo Rhonda, out breathing the two boys !!!!!

You go girl!!!!

now now Tom... we have to give Kunk35 a break.

I Always breath more heavy when my Wife is around even when we are on a Surface Interval ( hint hint ) :eyebrow: .

It's supposed to be that way :wink:

Just got home from Lake Murray tonight. Tried to dive there this afternoon, but conditions were not so good. Had vis of only about 1' and we were diving a lake that we have never dove before, so we aborted the dive. Better safe than sorry when you can't see and don't really know what is there. Didn't quite go far enough south to dive at marietta landing, we were at Tipps Point. Will try Marietta landing next time we go, mayn e a little better luck there.

Yikes! We're planning on diving there the 29th, I hope the vis gets better before then!:shakehead:

Have no fear... It'll get cold pretty soon and things with clear up real nice !

Back
Top Bottom