Lake Hydra dutch springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johndiver999

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is there some contact on here that dives there? I thought I might try. I understand it is restricted and need a guide or something? Costs? Logistics?

Thanks

You need to be under the care of a licensed professional - instructor, insured DM, etc. They have some local folks who offer guided dives. I took a group from my shop up last weekend and had a blast getting back in the lake again. That means the leader is responsible for adhering to standards - O2/First Aid kit, etc.

$60/day - you MUST purchase your admission prior to the day of entry. Currently folks line up on the East side (Student Side) for the 0800 opening, and entry is checked at that gate at that time. They're supposed to be opening the West (Peninsula) side soon, if it isn't already. Last weekend it was Porta Johns - they said they were waiting on their septic inspection to be able to open up the real bathrooms.

Fills are available on-site (Air, Nitrox, and some custom stuff. Fills were solid! Curt has a nice setup going there. $10/ea for air. Curt came by with a tractor+cart to haul cylinders up for fills during the day.

If you don't have 2 or more people in your vehicle, expect to have to drop gear off and park elsewhere. Carpooling gets you parking near the lake. It's kind of a land rush for picnic tables (just like the old days). They request 4 divers minumum per table - the tables are decent size though so if everyone cooperates you can do more. (X-table or similar to augment is nice).

Given all the changes + demand, I was actually pretty impressed with how smoothly things ran. Ken and Curt are doing a lot with what appears to be very little staff. They're being firm, but fair (and not uptight) on the rules.

I just can't get myself psyched for diving in quarries...

1721662298067.png

This is a website to hire a local dive pro for the day. They're all good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom