Lake Diving in Chatfield, Cherry Creek etc?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I should have posted. My son was sick last Friday (first week of school). By Monday both my wife and I were also sick....

I have not forgot about you Frank! :D
Ron,
Sorry to hear you are ill. If you are feeling better, join us we'll be there tonight.
Frank

Any update on Chatfield plans for the coming two weeks? I may be interested in checking current conditions out, since I am scheduled to teach a class there September 20-21. I have heard that visibility can be pretty marginal then, and I don't want to have students meet me for something we can't do safely.

John,
We haven't made any plans yet for next week. I'm available on Tues. and Weds. and will dive one of those days.
You would be wise to check on the area. Where most instructors conduct their class has a gravel bottom with limited silt and you can maintain "some" visibility. If you get out of that area the silt on the bottom is about a foot and a half deep. You can truly go to zero visibility with a fin stroke or two.
I'd be happy to show you around.

John,
We haven't made any plans yet for next week. I'm available on Tues. and Weds. and will dive one of those days.
You would be wise to check on the area. Where most instructors conduct their class has a gravel bottom with limited silt and you can maintain "some" visibility. If you get out of that area the silt on the bottom is about a foot and a half deep. You can truly go to zero visibility with a fin stroke or two.
I'd be happy to show you around.

I am out of the state at the moment and will not get back in until Wednesday. (I just now got the power back on after a visit from tropical storm Hanna.) I was hoping for the weekend. I helped another instructor with a class earlier in the year, and it appears as if the gravel portion is pretty limited. I was actually hoping to lay down a tarp to keep things from stirring up.

I am out of the state at the moment and will not get back in until Wednesday. (I just now got the power back on after a visit from tropical storm Hanna.) I was hoping for the weekend. I helped another instructor with a class earlier in the year, and it appears as if the gravel portion is pretty limited. I was actually hoping to lay down a tarp to keep things from stirring up.

I've seen instructors use a tarp but I don't know how well it works.
We will dive on Tuesday evening about 5:15 or so.

I've seen instructors use a tarp but I don't know how well it works.
We will dive on Tuesday evening about 5:15 or so.

I will still be in NJ--back home late Wednesday evening. Let me know if you have some plans for later in the week. What is the water temperature these days?

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom