lake Cleanup Dive 19th Sept

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikerault

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
In coordination with the Lake Shore Sweep on the 19th anyone interested in maybe doing an underwater cleanup at Westbank Park?

We could do a dive and dine with hambergers, hotdogs and whatever else anyone wants to bring!

Mike

I would be interested in this. I am so bummed that I am missing going to Panama City with the Atlanta Aquanauts and would love to be able to dive somewhere :)

Great! Hopefully we will get a few more. I usually get a mesh laundry bag to act as a collection bag. Last time we did this we got about 50-100 pounds of cans, bottles and misc. out of the area. If you need directions let me know!

Mike

Jenny,

Take 400 north to exit 14, exit to the right. Get in the left most travel lane. Go to the first street past the shopping center and turn left, the next light will be Buford Dam Road, turn right. Follow that for about 2 miles, you will pass Swanee Park on the left just before the first part of the dam, the next park will be West Bank Park. There is a 4 dollar entry fee. Once you are in the park the road t-bones, go left and the first cove to the Left of the swimming beach will be were we are. I should be there about 8:30-9 am in my Red Montero so you should se my wife and I there. It is a bring your own type thing but usually we have plenty. I will probably bring some drinks, chips and either hamburgers or some form of hotdog/sausage.

Mike

Sign me up,I will bring my boat out there and park it to keep the other boats off us and we could load the trash on it without swimming it in.

Ok, if it is storming we will cancel, if not I will see you at 9ish...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom