Lake Buchanan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have not been underwater there, but I don't think it's very deep on average Anecdotally, I've been told it's less than 20 feet deep in most places, with a sand/mud bottom. I think it's about 60 feet deep by the dam. But this info came from an old guy at an old marina in Tow, Texas.

This info comes from the LCRA: Buchanan has a capacity of 875,566 acre-feet and a surface area of 22,335 acres, whereas Travis has a capacity of 1,131,650 acre-feet and a surface area of 18,622 acres. So Buchanan has 75% of the water spread over 125% of the area.

Ed

Thanks for the info Ed.

The only reason I'm interested is because a guy told me there was an old school house and some other stuff down near the dam. According to him, the water is about 100' at the dam. Sounds like it might be an interesting dive, depending on vis.

Mack

I've always heard the vis is very poor, but I don't know that to be fact.

Back
Top Bottom