Lake Allen Henry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebag

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone dove Lake Allen Henry near Post, TX. I've heard it's good diving with boat access only with about 15 feet of vis. Comment and suggestions would be helpful.

Where is it located? I mean, near what bigger city? I've never heard of Post or the lake.

Dee:
Where is it located? I mean, near what bigger city? I've never heard of Post or the lake.

It's about an hour south of Lubbock on State Hwy 84. If you call Lubbock bigger city!

Close to Lubbock, well as close as anything is in the Texas Panhandle.
I have heard that they raised the price of admission to the lake. One of my friends that would rather fish then eat said they priced him out of fishing there.

Joe

Scubajo, have your heard much about diving there?

divebag:
Scubajo, have your heard much about diving there?

Not a word about diving. All my friend did was fish.

Joe

i have dove there it ok have to have aboat to get anywhere.about 10 vis.it cost was 5.00 for boat and 3.00 a person for all day it has been last june when i last dove there water temp.@35ft was 78 not bad it is a petty lake.

New rates for Lake Allen Henry.
Lubbock residents
Daily per vehicle fee 6$ weekday 8 weekend
Daily boating fee 4$ weekday 6 weekend
daily camping fee 5$ weekday 8 weekend
Non Lubbock Residents
Daily per vehicle 8$ weekday 14 weekend
daily boating fee 6$ weekday 10 weekend
Daily camping fee 8$ weekday 12 weekend
Annual vehicle fee 48$ to non 96$
Annual boat stickers 32$ to non 64$

Looks like a weekend will cost about $60.

Joe

Thanks for the info scubajoe. With the lack of other replies, I guess there haven't been many divers at the lake. Probably not a lot of divers in that area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom