Lahad Datu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just wondering what the latest situation is in and around Lahad Datu, might have to visit for work in the next few weeks?

Also any recommendations for local diving / operators - mostly a work trip so would have to fit any diving around a pretty tight schedule.

Cheers

It's back to normal and threat level is down to 2/5. Heavy military presence but otherwise, pretty good. Divers are flocking back.

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the updates on this. I have been keeping up to date with events around Lahad Datu and have been told by people living there that it is safe.
I was hoping to dive out of Lahad Datu at the beginning of June. The only dive company I was able to locate there is (ironically) called Pirate Divers but despite me emailing and trying to phone (rings as 'unobtainable') I have had no response at all. Can anyone tell me if they are still operating? If they are not, can anyone recommend someone that I can get in a days diving with on 3rd June in or very close to Lahad Datu?
Thank you.

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the updates on this. I have been keeping up to date with events around Lahad Datu and have been told by people living there that it is safe.
I was hoping to dive out of Lahad Datu at the beginning of June. The only dive company I was able to locate there is (ironically) called Pirate Divers but despite me emailing and trying to phone (rings as 'unobtainable') I have had no response at all. Can anyone tell me if they are still operating? If they are not, can anyone recommend someone that I can get in a days diving with on 3rd June in or very close to Lahad Datu?
Thank you.

Hi Pete Kirk,
I am the co-founder of Pirate Divers, Lahad Datu. Maybe you have visit the website but unfortunately we rarely update the info. However you may join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/192083304151003/712128138813181/?notif_t=like for more info. If you need anything just email me at ahnazra@gmail.com and I will try my best to entertain you. Oh ya, FYI Lahad Datu is okay now. It is safe to dive and don't worry about it. Just ask me, and I'll update you.

Back
Top Bottom