Lady's dive fashion for the water-How are you dressing for a tank out on the town?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UnderSeaBumbleBee

Contributor
Reaction score
Just wondering how you gals are gearing up and what gear you have found to work well for you from your shoes/dive booties to your hat/hood and everything in between?

Everybody has an opinion on gear. I am wondering what you gals have found to work well for you. Also what type of diving are you doing when you play aqua dress up?:blinking:

This should be fun reading!

I have two hoods, a Harvey's and a Diving Concepts, and I don't like either of them a whole lot. The Harvey's pulls on my jaw, the DC had to be trimmed to fit around my mouth and now doesn't sit very well. I'm lusting after an Otter Bay hood. I have friends who have them and swear by them.

I just got a Deep Sea mask which DOESN'T leak! Definitely convinced me that it's worth doing some serious research on masks, and that something that seems to sit well in the shop may not be satisfactory in the water at all.

My doubles regs are Scubapro MK25/S600s and I love them. I have a chance to breathe off other people's regs on a regular basis, and I haven't encountered anything I like better, and a few I don't like anywhere near as well.

I have an OMS aluminum backplate and a Deep Outdoors 40# doubles wing. I've only tried two doubles wings (the other was a Halcyon) and I couldn't tell any difference.

My singles rig is an Oxycheq plate and a DSS wing (or, for the tropics, a Kydex plate with the DSS wing). I really like the STA-less design on Tobin's wings.

My hands-down favorite piece of gear is my Salvo 21WHID. It's like the pearls with the little black dress -- the outfit's not complete without it!

For exposure protection, I have a Mobby's trilaminate dampsuit, which is nice for mobility and for travel, and I have a Diving Concepts 2mm compressed neo drysuit which is VERY warm but makes reaching my isolator a project. Both suits have latex seals, which seems to ensure that I never actually have custody of both of them at the same time.

Fins are Jets. They fit on my dry suit boots, and in warm water, I wear a pair of Chuck Taylors with polypro socks under them, which lets me use the same fins. Looks funny, works great, and unlike most scuba gear solutions, it was cheap!

The above outfit is accessorized nicely with a Vytech and an SK-7 compass, both on matching Deep Sea Supply wrist mounts.

In the black dry suit with the orange wing, I'm elegantly turned out. The blue and white dampsuit with the big black pockets on the legs is a little bit of a different look -- Kind of grunge scuba :)

I thought this would get a little more action.

I am wearing a Henderson Hyperstretch suit. I do like how it feels and the ease of getting in and out of it. I am not happy with how it is wearing and it already looking a bit sad. That being said, I would still buy in again because it really is comfortable to wear.

Strapped on my back is a Golem Gear 35#wing and stainless steal back plate with a standard HOG harness. I really like the custom fit of the harness and the free feeling it gives me in the water. I started out renting a Scuba Pro Pilot and just could not get it to fit me right. I was too big for a small and too small for a medium. It did a lot of shifting and chafing on me.

I have a Suunto SK7 compass with a Deep Sea Supply bungee mount on my wrist. I really like being able to adjust the angle that it sits on my wrist. Wish I could get one for my computer.

For my reg I am using an Aeris Atmos Pro reg with matching 2nd stages and I like how it performs in the water. I have a yellow 7' hose, but would go black next time. The yellow material is just too floaty--allow the color goes well with my suit!

I have been diving Scuba Pro yellow Twin Jets with springs, but have hung them up in favor of my Scuba Pro black jet fins with springs. The twins were slightly positive and the jets are slightly negative. I feel that I have more control and power in the water with the jets. The black jets aren't as sassy as the yellow splits, but hey you have to go with what works for you!

I still haven't found the perfect swimsuit to go under all this.

During the cooler months, I take terry bathrobe along and put it on when we get out of the water. Works better than a towel. Last fall I was diving with some guys and had my teal robe on. One of the guys who was cold and had seen me sporting my pink robe the week before asked if I had it along and said he was cold enough to wear the pink robe in front of everyone. The robe really does make you feel cozy when it starts getting chilly! We have been having record-breaking high temps the last few weeks, so it will be a while before I break out the diving robes.

leah:
I thought this would get a little more action.

I am wearing a Henderson Hyperstretch suit. I do like how it feels and the ease of getting in and out of it. I am not happy with how it is wearing and it already looking a bit sad. That being said, I would still buy in again because it really is comfortable to wear.

Strapped on my back is a Golem Gear 35#wing and stainless steal back plate with a standard HOG harness. I really like the custom fit of the harness and the free feeling it gives me in the water. I started out renting a Scuba Pro Pilot and just could not get it to fit me right. I was too big for a small and too small for a medium. It did a lot of shifting and chafing on me.

I have a Suunto SK7 compass with a Deep Sea Supply bungee mount on my wrist. I really like being able to adjust the angle that it sits on my wrist. Wish I could get one for my computer.

For my reg I am using an Aeris Atmos Pro reg with matching 2nd stages and I like how it performs in the water. I have a yellow 7' hose, but would go black next time. The yellow material is just too floaty--allow the color goes well with my suit!

I have been diving Scuba Pro yellow Twin Jets with springs, but have hung them up in favor of my Scuba Pro black jet fins with springs. The twins were slightly positive and the jets are slightly negative. I feel that I have more control and power in the water with the jets. The black jets aren't as sassy as the yellow splits, but hey you have to go with what works for you!

During the cooler months, I take terry bathrobe along and put it on when we get out of the water. Works better than a towel. Last fall I was diving with some guys and had my teal robe on. One of the guys who was cold and had seen me sporting my pink robe the week before asked if I had it along and said he was cold enough to wear the pink robe in front of everyone. The robe really does make you feel cozy when it starts getting chilly! We have been having record-breaking high temps the last few weeks, so it will be a while before I break out the diving robes.

:useless:

Since I live in South Florida my attire is a little different than those described above.

Right now with the water temp in the 80’s I am diving with a bathing suit a rash guard top. As the water cools I have several choices progressing in thermal protection. I have a 3mm O’neil shorty, followed by a 3mm Evo Full, and finally a 6mm Evo Farmer John and jacket. I hope this winter to get my first drysuit as I want to pursue some tech diving. But for noe in the summer, there is nothing like diving nekid

Hmm, can’t seem to remember the brand of mask I have. It does have color correcting lenses, which I like. It fits pretty good. I do have deep laugh lines and no matter what mask I try if I laugh under water I flood.

My fins are jets. I like them. My first fins were Cressi, not bad but they felt a little long. I am short 5’3 and I like that the jets are shorter,stifferand slightly negative. Hoping to get the spring straps to go with them this weekend.

My regs are Scubapro MK25/G250 with a R390 back up. I love this set up. It breathes so easy at depth and in any position ( ihave been know to hang upside down to look under reefs). I also have a Aqualung Titan that was my first reg. It also is a good reg and now it is on my pony bottle. I’m hoping to get another set of Scubapro’s so I can have one set for my doubles (that I also hope to get this winter, i better work a lot this winter) and one for my single set up.

I have a Halcyon BP/W, which I love. I have a 30# for single and 40# for doubles. After starting out in a BC I love the minimalism of the BP/W. I currently have a 6# stainless back plate but am considering aluminum for my doubles as I am so head heavy in doubles.

Topside, I am very casual. Board shorts and a t-shirt. Hair is always braided. Between the diving and the jeep it's tough on the hair.

leah:

The swimsuit I use most often is a TYR Diamondback Workout Bikini (http://www.tyr.com/shop/solid-durafasttm-polyester-diamondback-workout-bikini-p-112-c-30_31_39_43.html). It comes in either Poly or Lycra. It is cute, has fairly full coverage and always stays in place as I wriggle in and out of my Henderson Hyperstretch full 7MM wetsuit. I hate accidentally exposing myself. If I wanted that, I'd wear one of my cute "suntanning" suits! I have the tankini bathing suit too, but it is more to stay wet and it does bunch up a bit around my middle. These are my "exercising" bathing suits.

My next purchase is going to be Scubapro MK25/G250 regs....

I just stick with the blue trunks ....oops, wrong forum. Later

BTravlin:
I just stick with the blue trunks ....oops, wrong forum. Later

Well at least you are wearing trunks, so we will let you slide this time. No guys with speedo's in the women's forum! LOL If we want to talk about that, there is the whole rest of the Scuba Board!:rofl3:

Thanks for the link on the swimsuits. I will check it out. You know I have noticed that the Henderson although much more comfortable to wear and easier to get in and out of grips my bathing suit more and has caused one mishap and a bunch of close calls. I didn't have the same problem with the traditional neoprene material.

My set up starts with a 7mm 2 piece Henderson Hyperstretch wetsuit with a lycra skin underneath. I also have a 3mm Oceanic full suit for warmer climes. My hood is also a Henderson. It is OK.

I use a Diva LX BC. I LOVE it! I have a small knife attached to the pocket.

My reg set up is the Legend LX ACD and Legend Octo. Also attached to my 1st stage is my Uwatec Smart Com.

I use the Scubapro Crystalvue mask and have not had a bit of trouble with it. I like that the lens is all one piece, no center division, and has little "windows" on the side.

My fins are TUSA X-Pert zoom. They are bright yellow, so they are easily seen but at the same time; according to "Survivorman" yellow is a favorite color for sharks! Yum-Yum Yellow!!

All in all my set up works great for me and so far I have not had any problems using it in cold or warm waters.

:dork2:

I'm a DIVA LX kinda girl and I have a swanky purple and black wetsuit but I am busting for a brighter coloured one. I'm also on a *big* promise if I can get a white sleeveless undersuit (dont ask!). I saw some at the Cressi stand at the last dive show but they only make them for skinny minnies. Put it this way, not a chance in the UK, we sell dive suits in any colour as long as its black.

Anyway me and himself are coming over for DEMA and have a few days to spare after so it would be really really cool to be able to go shop in some Florida dive stores...... and remember the £ to $ is really good for me at the moment :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom