Lady in the Water is good.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

offroaddiver

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just got back from Lady in the Water. It's not exactly what the previews appear it to be. If you liked Signs or The Village go see this movie.

What if you liked Signs but HATED The Village?

It's an M. Night Shyamalan (sp?) movie. You can't go wrong. He does suspense very well.

I waited for an hour and thirty minutes for the movie to start, only to find it had ended. I spent most of the movie grimacing every time he stuttered. I think it might be the only reason the movie got up over an hour.

WHAT A TWIST?!?!

I finally saw Pirates yesterday. It rained all day. What else could one do?

We saw LITW the other day & really enjoyed it. Here's why I think a lot of people don't/won't like it: No beautiful trendy celeb actors. No shock-and-awe action sequences and special effects. No explosions, elicit sex, foul language, or gratuitous violence.

So what DOES it have? A story. WOW! A story? Really? They still do that? If the scale of films ranges from 'Hollywood' at one end to 'camp-fire story' at the other extreme, this film leans toward the 'camp-fire' side of the spectrum and that's one of the reasons I liked it.

It is a 'fairytale' and it is set in present day Western society. A lot of people just don't seem to have the imagination to allow the two to overlap. They can enjoy some other fantasy story (like StarWars or Lord of the Rings) because they are usually set in another time or place - an alternative to our own existence. To imagine fantacy in their own back-yard is too hard I guess. To them I say stop taking yourself so seriously and enjoy a fun story - as fantastic and impossible as it may seem.

This was not the best movie I've ever seen, but it was definitely a GOOD movie. I really had fun with it.

-Ben M.

i loved Sixth Sense (duh), Unbrekable, Signs, and missed the Village, so i'll probably like this movie despite the reviews

H2Andy:
i loved Sixth Sense (duh), Unbrekable, Signs, and missed the Village, so i'll probably like this movie despite the reviews

And since you missed it, rent The Village while you're at it. :wink:

-Ben M.

Miami Vice A-!

catherine96821:
Miami Vice A-!

You liked that movie? BORING! I would rather sit through all of the TV episodes than that movie.:shakehead

And lady in the water---sucked! Loved all his other movies but that one put me to sleep!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom