Ladies...Which Fins Do You Like?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1thumper

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Finally my non-diving wife is getting wet too! A new buddy! Liveaboards now become an option for dive trips! Yeah!

Time to get her some gear and I would like to get some advice about which women's fins people are happy with. For supporting info my wife is 40's, average weight and fitness, we dive primarily in warm water, and travel a lot so lower weight fins are ideal.

Love to hear your ideas!

For recreational diving & teaching, I use SP's Twin Jet Max split fins. Although very strange in design, everyone I've talked to that have them also love SP's Seawing Nova's.

I think it helps students enormously NOT to be in split fins. Students are almost always somewhat unstable in the water, trying to balance the tank on their back, and split fins are just too soft to help them do this. (If people want to use them later, that's up to them, but we have yet to put a set of paddle fins on a student and not have that student say "THANK YOU!")

I really like my size L Jets. Of all the fins I use, they're my favorite for size, fit, and balance of power with not too much resistance to the water. But they are heavy for travel. I also use a set of Dive Rite EXPs, which are lighter, and come with spring straps, which are really wonderful for making fin donning and doffing easier.

For a beginning fin, especially if your wife is not sure she'll like the sport, she could try a set of the Deep See Pulse fins. They're what I use in the pool. They're cheap and light, and my only real complaint about them is that they are a bit soft for my taste. (Put a set of spring straps on them -- she'll love you for it!)

Back
Top Bottom