ladies BCD's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brit Girl

Registered
Reaction score
I have just completed my club diver course and am on the lookout for a jacket. The one I practised with was a scubapro but when it was inflated found it very incomfortable in the chest area due to compression. I know there are several bcd's around aimed specifically at women with the bladder in a slightly different place. Have any of you lady divers out there got any jackets which you think is best? Also as a beginner would a wing type jacket be suitable as I will only be diving with a single tank plus pony?

Not the womens reply you were looking for, but my future wife just bought her first BC two weeks ago. She tried the Scubapro Ladyhawk, Zeagle escape, Zeagle and the Seaquest Diva LX.

The Scubapro and Zeagles didn't fit her right through the shoulders (straps) hit her wrong, but she loved the Seaquest and bought it.

Seaquest in jacket and back inflated. Take a look a all and try them on for confort before you purchase, im glad she took the time to try them out so she could be happy with her purchase.

waterdogs

I also am not the woman response, but my wife uses the Aqualung Malibu which is very similar to the scubapro balance. As waterdogs said they are both back inflate with will prevent squeeze upon inflation. She seems to enjoy it as she has used ti at least 5 days per week for 3 years to teach in.

Good Luck

Brit Girl,

Looks like your not getting any womens opinions but I thought I would add my .02 cents.

My wife dives the Seaquest Diva LX. It is cut perfect for a women and is designed not to squeeze/compress on the rib cage and other areas as you inflate the BC.

Here is a link to the product info:

http://www.sea-quest.com/pages/bc/bc_divalx.html

I hope this helps and good luck with your search.

Aaron
:snorkel:

Hi Brit Girl,

Suppose I should start this by saying that I am a woman...

I'm also a Diva diver, although I have the cheaper version (QD). It has a wide cummerband that I fasten firmly, and an overstrap that I clip together loosely. With this arrangement, the bladder expands away from me and doesn't squeeze. If I pull the overstrap tight... ouff.

I know a couple of women who like Sherwood BCs. I'm not sure which model they have.

You might like to try a back-inflate women's BC such as the SeaQuest Libra. AFAIK, the Zeagle Zena and ScubaPro Ladyhawk also put the air on your back. I hate back inflation so I can't comment on any of those. I know there are women here who like them, though.

Hope that helps,

Zept

You might want to check back on the Women Only forum - I know there has been discussion there in the past. If you are diving dry/steel tank, be sure and check the lift. I have a Seaquest Libra. What I like most about it is that the front is open so that nothing interferes with the drysuit inflator valve. The quick releases make it easy to remove without catching the exhaust valve, too.

I am another Diva LX user. It is combination back and side inflate, but has a built in bra which helps keep from feeling squeezed. I have only been using it since September, but love it so far.

Back
Top Bottom