labuan bajo, flores - been there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottfiji

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
has anyone been to labuan bajo, flores?

I'll be in bali for 2 weeks (10/23-11/7) with a friend, but now I'm considering going to labuan bajo for a few days to visit rinca island, snorkel, and dive. I heard two airlines offer daily flights to labuan bajo now.

any recommendations for dive ops, how to go to rinca island, whether to do a 1 day trip vs 2 day trip there, did you enjoy the time in labuan bajo, is there anything to do there?

I'm looking at bajo dive club and reefseekers (reefseekers seems more $$ though), but I'm open to other dive operators for day trips.

I'd like to find a hotel with nice large comfy beds and good Air conditioning. (I've heard they are all pretty cheap there), and Ideally there would be good snorkeling near the hotel.

any other tips would be great too.

thanks alot!
post here or PM me
scott

...Hi, if that could help you copy of a mail from reefseeker
"Accommodation in Labuanbajo we recommend, Golo hill top, AC/cold water Rps.125,000 per room or 60.000 and 75,000 for fan/cold water, Eco Lodge is the only one with AC/hot water rooms 450,000 per room, all including breakfast, we book the room for you and then you pay directly with the hotel on your arrival."

...oupsssss sorry parts missed :
"GT. Air and Merpati airlines fly daily to Labuanbajo, Flores from Denpasar Bali, Departs Bali 10.30am arrives Labuanbajo 12 noon, if you contact my travel agent in Bali they can book the flights for you "Kristal Holidays" <kristal_holidays@indo.net.id> "

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom