Labor Day Weekend Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hiya Greg, I don't belong to the MB's (yet anyway). I fraternize with several clubs including Moss Bay out of Kirkland. So do you miss the cold murky waters of the Sound?

-kate

Ah, yes, youse guys did a go-cart race or something with the Marker Buoy's sometime back. Some of the Marker Buoy's are headed out to Sund Rock this weekend, that's why I asked. In answer to your question, YES! I'm terribly homesick! I'm working on transfering back to my NW roots. I've applied for another position within my company in Seattle, I'll know after this weekend. Florida's ok, but the NW is my home.

Originally posted by scubakat
Hiya Greg, I don't belong to the MB's (yet anyway). I fraternize with several clubs including Moss Bay out of Kirkland. So do you miss the cold murky waters of the Sound?

-kate

I hope you make it back soon Greg! I do want to go live overseas for a couple of years, but the NW will always be home for me too. And no offense to te candy a** warm water divers on the board :), but the warm stuff just doesn't seem as interesting or challenging, or varied as the diving we have here. I really really want to go to Alaska to dive.

-kate

Hey all...

Well, I am glad to see that the venerable Joewr gets to benefit from his various confessions...

As for me and my back... I will still be icing it down on the couch... IT’S BEEN TWO MONTHS WITHOUT DIVING AND THERE IS NO END IN SIGHT!!! I guess that’s why they call them “practicing physicians”.

Talk about Cabin Fever, I am just glad our diving season is a mere 365+ days a year...

:tease:

Friday afternoon, I found a last-minute buddy and assigned him to find us a dive for the weekend. Got the call in the evening that we're doing night dives in West Palm Beach on Saturday night. I just couldn't let the weekend go by without diving with my new Sherwood Oasis regulator. It has been sitting in my bag, silently calling to me all week!

Julie

I thought that might get a a rise out of you KD & ND. Have fun with el numero uno candy a** Joewr this week KD! Oh ya... we have a 365 day season here too ND, and the sharks are a little less ferocious. :).

Have a great weekend everyone!

-kate

... got a call from my dive buddy that he's on unexpected mandatory overtime today. I'm not going to go dive an unfamiliar place with a dive operation i don't know with random-off-the-boat-buddy.

Ever try to find a Labor Day afternoon dive on the Saturday before? Let's just say it's not looking good. :-(

Bummed,
Julie

Frankly my dear Kate...

I could use a reservoir!

Sharks; I can deal with!

Dryness of the skin is not my cup of tea!

Don't forget, we got gators and crocs too! A rather toothy state and all the tourists we need...

Speaking of which ...

GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!

:tease:

Hi Everyone,
Flo and I are not quite as lucky as Joe and Barbara, Kauai no less. We are diving our local quarry Sunday. We both have new dive computers we want to try before our trip to Grand Turk 9/22. We dive the quarries to keep up our skills and just wait for the warm water dives of the caribbean. YES, we are two candy A** divers! Flo's motto is: "If it doesn't have palm trees, she doesn't dive it." Still haven't found that palm tree at the quarry. It must be one there somewhere because she does dive it. Maybe someday we can get up to the great NW and see what that kind of diving is like. Everyone have a safe diving weekend.
Burt

Back
Top Bottom