La Paz in Late December/Christmas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Weiwei

Reaction score
Hello Everyone:

I am planning a trip to La Paz for the Christmas holiday and thinking of Club Cantamar. I asked two groups of people actually working in La Paz. One group said it's the wrong time to go to La Paz at that time. Water is cold there. And it's rare to see scuba divers at that time in La Paz. However, the people in Club Cantamar told me that it's the best time for sea lions and hammer head. (Though they did mention that winter diving is really weather permiting.)

So basically I am totally confused weather or not to go. I am wondering if any of you can give me a little bit of more information.

Thanks a lot!

Weiwei

Hello your best bet that time of year is Cabo san lucas Water temps should be in the lower 70s vis about 50 ft.There is no Diving La Paz or anywhere in the Sea Of Cortez in The Wintertime because of the High winds.Im planning a trip around New Years in Cabo.
We will Dive With Baja Dive in the Tesoro Resort again.I like the small groups and the Divemaster Memo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom