La Paz in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

big dog13

Reaction score
Hi all,
I need some advice my wife and I are going to La paz in Aug 06 and I have been told that the vis can be crappy that time of year?
We are adv. west coast divers and used to 60' or less vis.
We are looking fwd to our first warm water dive(she's been in law school) so I am just looking for some info.
Thanks Bigdog

The visability further south at Cabo Pulmo is generally better in the summer so I would think it holds true up in La Paz. I dove a couple of dives in early August at El Bajo and the vis was easily 75' or better. I was hoping to see Hammerhead Sharks that had been sited the week before but no such luck. I did however see a tremendous number of eels on those dives! The best advice I have to offer for going in August is to be prepared for the heat!!

The vis. gets better in the mid to late summer. August should be good. When are you going? We will be there July 28th-August 4th.

Thanks for the help sorry I have not replied sooner it has been a very! busy winter for us.Bikefox, we will also be there 7-28 through the 4th........hmm great minds think alike! where are you staying? we will be at Los Arcos

pitah cool pixs and video thanks for the info my wife is going crazy about now!

big dog13:
Thanks for the help sorry I have not replied sooner it has been a very! busy winter for us.Bikefox, we will also be there 7-28 through the 4th........hmm great minds think alike! where are you staying? we will be at Los Arcos

We are staying at Las Gaviotas in downtown La Paz. We plan to dive with Cantamar. Who are you diving with? Are you flying into La Paz on Aero California (3 pm)? When the date gets closer, we should setup dinner or drinks some night!!

We leave l.a. at 12 noon and I have not put all of our trip together yet this is a post state bar trip for my wife and we were tossing the idea around but after seeing pitah's pixs and talking to a few people I think we will be going.
I had heard few someone that late July, early Aug. was not the best time to dive there due to vis, but I don't think that is correct.
While I have been diving some 15 yrs. and my wife 8 yrs. it has all been from Monterey to the Channel Is. so I just want this to be a good trip as it is our first warm h2o trip.
Well keep in touch and get together for that dinner or drink!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom