La Galigo - Raja Ampat Christmas 2018

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Land Fish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've benefited from others' trip reports and thought I'd return the favour and share my experience. (Please bear in mind that those are personal opinions and we could always agree to disagree :))

Before Boarding
- Smooth communication and swift response to email queries;
- Clear instruction on hotel pick-up;

Boat
- Comfortable room. A/C. Sufficient power sockets
- The SHOWER!! OMG the best shower I've ever had on any liveaboard. Unlike the usual extra gentle flow on other boats, I was actually able to take a quick shower (medium length hair), and it's as good as showering at home.
- The dive deck did get a bit crowded (it was full house over xmas) but it was manageable.

Food
- Delicious and plentiful
- Fresh fruits with every meal
- Limited options for alcohols. Only beers and wine by bottle.
- Capable of serving Vegetarian/Vegan meals (not for me, but some people may find the info useful)

Crew
- Local crew. Absolutely wonderful and I can't sing enough their praises. Warm, friendly, attentive, helpful and more.
- Cruise director and a English instructor/guide were professional enough. Briefing and debriefing were done properly. Other than that, they pretty much kept it to themselves most of the time, or only chatted with a couple who dived with her/them before. Not a complaint but I was quite surprised by how disengaging they were. Perhaps they had a tough charter before the xmas one?

Diving...DIVING!!
- First of all, it's Raja freakin Ampat! :D
- Mantas, Wobbegongs, turtles, cuttlefishes, all the nudis :heart:
- Viz wasn't great though. The first time I went, it was crystal clear water that I could see into infinity (almost). But this time, 20-30 meters at best. I was told that it was a combination of full moon and heavy wind. At least oceanic mantas appreciated the plankton so that was quite alright :yeahbaby:
- Currents. Again it might have something to do with full moon. Other than a handful of dives, current kept us company for most of the time. The only difference was how 'passionate' current was at the time lol One experienced diver felt a couple of times the current was just as strong as Komodo, if not worse. So yeah...

Well, party is over unfortunately and I'm back to dry land. Need to book something soon...

Back
Top Bottom