L&M Sola 3600 repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

toto44182

New
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Due to cracks on the plastic cover of the light, this leaks during dive...
Not identified before...

_6220007_DxO.jpg
_6220005_DxO.jpg

So I will replace the body and I'm trying to repair the board.

I first remove the residue of oxydation thanks a paintbrush and a small component has unsoldered.
The ref is Q600 so I guess it's a transistor

_62200081_DxO.jpg

On my second dive light, Q600 is marked "PA1EN".
_6220001_DxO.jpg

Is somebody able to know what type of component Q600 is (Mosfet, NPN, PNP, or ??) ?

Thank you in advance

Top markings on SMD compnents suck. If its a BJT you can figure out what it is using the diode mode of your multimeter. A PNP will have diodes pointing towards the base and a NPN will have diodes pointing away from the base. If its a mosfet it will be a bit harder. I usually use a Peak Atlas DCA55, to figure out what type of component I am looking at. The top pin looks like its going to a power rail. If I had to take a guess its a PNP or p channel fet being used to switch Q601. But its really hard to judge with out high resolution picks of the top and bottom

did you talk to L&M about repair options first even if out of warranty?

Some news :
No information provided by L&M on the replacement part. "our lights are proprietary and we are not able to disclose sensitive information on assembly parts"
So I can understand their point.
The 3600+ are no longer produced and replaced by the 3800. As I'm in France, this is more complicated to replace the board and assumed expensive.

Anyway,

Thanks to the second light, I was able to measure electrical points around Q600.
1/ Q is for Transistor.
2/ 0.8V between Pins 1-3 and not between Pin 2 and another. So not possible to be a bipolar.
3/ The voltage on pin 1 changes from 3,3V to 0V. This indicates the switch is between 1 and 3. 2 is the command.
So I conclude, this is a PMOS with diode.

_6220001_DxO.jpg

Then, using the marking code, I was able to confirm PA1EN
PA1 is for this DMG1013UW is SOT323 package.
E is for year 2017
N for November.

Capture d’écran 2022-06-29 à 20.01.50.png

Next steps :
Order it
Test it

Back
Top Bottom