Kwark Navy undergarment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stuartv

Seeking the Light
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've searched (SB and the Google). I've found a couple of posts about Kwark Navy undersuits.

Can anybody share any more thoughts on them than the 1 or 2 posts I have found so far?

I am currently diving a Fourth Element Arctic 2 piece under my shell suit.

I am interested in getting a 1 piece undergarment that is as warm or warmer and, hopefully, less restrictive when I'm trying to reach the valves on my doubles.

The Kwark Navy suit seems like it might be just what the doctor ordered, so to speak. And I guess (hope?) I can order one from a store in the UK.

The question is: Is the Navy really better (i.e. warmer and/or more comfortable and/or less restrictive) than a 4E Arctic set?

Hey Stuart, no experience with Kwark but hear good thingd too...

Proper fit of both undergarments and drysuit are big factors in ease of reaching valves. I had issues reaching valves with my 4th element UG when I wore a smaller size, I went up a size and found myself both warmer and able to reach valves... likewise I had a drysuit that fit well for warm water diving but was a tad snug for colder waters, it affected my ability to reach valves in the colder waters. 4th Element was nice, I find the Santi UG nicer and just use those now... to each their own

Interested in this as well. I've pretty much decided to commit to trying the kwark navy based on all the favorable reviews I've read as well as the ease of care and durability.

For anyone who has one, any idea on where to order one for shipping to the US? I've emailed shaw-tec with no response.

Interested in this as well. I've pretty much decided to commit to trying the kwark navy based on all the favorable reviews I've read as well as the ease of care and durability.

For anyone who has one, any idea on where to order one for shipping to the US? I've emailed shaw-tec with no response.

You could ask https://www.techduikshop.nl/
They sell kwark and ship globally.

Thanks for posting that, @taimen

Looks like 235 Euro plus 26 Euro shipping to the U.S.. I.e. USD$322, total. Not bad.

The thing I'm wondering is if that includes VAT and the actual price would be less.

I'm not ready to buy yet. If/when I get ready, I will check further.

Well, that didn't last long. I went ahead and emailed them to inquire about pricing without VAT, for an order sent to the U.S..

If you end up purchasing this could you keep us updated? I am interested in one as well after doing some research. I like the range of motion and durability this is marketed as having.

Reading this a bit late...

I have the Navy undergarment, a vest and a lighter two piece power stretch pro with socks. Materials used are only original 3M fabric and tailor quality is top notch.
Even their two pieces power stretch pro undergarment is an amazing product:

Ocieplacz Tropikalny dwuczęściowy góra Power Stretch Pro Kwark.pl

I've been using them since two years and I'm very satisfied with them. Quality/price ratio is the best I know so far. Here in Italy they are very cheap.

Sizes: I'm 180cm/80kg slender fit. Size M is perfect. Only the technical vest (Kamizelka techniczna 081945 T Kwark.pl) is a bit small for my chest. Probably I would buy a L now.

Regarding the thermal insulation...

They wrote that the undergarment is equivalent to a Thinsulate 400gr. BS as usual. It's like a DUI 300gr. I own a Santi 400 undergarment which is a lot warmer but I hate it, too bulky for me. Anyway I find that thermal insulation is mostly a personal feeling hence your mileage may vary. Here in Rome is normal seeing german tourists with short pants and Birkenstock while I wear a down jacket :)
Here in central Italy during the winter season (13°C on the bottom) I dive with a light merino underwear, a two piece light power stretch pro and the Navy. Everything inside a Santi drysuit and dry gloves. Rebreather dives of two hours runtime.
During the summer I wear only the Navy with a capilene underwear.

Hope it helps

I received my Kwark Navy suit a couple of weeks ago. I ordered mtm, through the techduikshop.nl and that was quite bad experience with long delays, emails without replies, misspelled address etc. But finally I got a suit, mtm and the fit is great.

Kwark Navy is a really simple fleece undersuit. It feels warm for it weight but it is not very thick. The suit is absolutely a pleasure to dive. Doesn't restrict movement at all, and air circulates extremely quickly in the drysuit.
There is no way it could be equivalent to Santi BZ400X or Weezle extreme in warmth. But that said, it is quite warm and I dove it 75 minutes with 9 C bottom temp (warmer during deco). Material seems to be reasonably warm also when wet after a minor neck seal leak.
Overall, I like the Navy but I doubt it will be warm enough for most of my diving.
The suit is a simple fleece overall, so there is nothing unique in it if compared to other similar products like Rofos Artic.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom