Kudos to Softwear ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
This past Monday night I filled out the online order form for a new 300 gram fleece undergarment from Softwear. Tuesday when I came home from work I had an e-mail from UPS confirming that it had shipped! It arrived yesterday, and tonight ... just four days after ordering a custom-cut undergarment ... I took it on its first dive ... 67 minutes in 54 degree water. Warm and cozy.

This is my second Softwear undergarment. I put somewhere in the vicinity of a thousand dives on the first one. I'd forgotten how much loft these things had when they're new.

Kudos to Janice for an ultrafast turnaround ... last week-end I got cold on my dives. This week-end is very comfortable ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

This past Monday night I filled out the online order form for a new 300 gram fleece undergarment from Softwear. Tuesday when I came home from work I had an e-mail from UPS confirming that it had shipped! It arrived yesterday, and tonight ... just four days after ordering a custom-cut undergarment ... I took it on its first dive ... 67 minutes in 54 degree water. Warm and cozy.

This is my second Softwear undergarment. I put somewhere in the vicinity of a thousand dives on the first one. I'd forgotten how much loft these things had when they're new.

Kudos to Janice for an ultrafast turnaround ... last week-end I got cold on my dives. This week-end is very comfortable ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob what kind of dry suit were you using with Janice's 300 g dry suit underwear?

I went to DUI Dog Days a week ago and had on their TLS SE with the DUI Polartec PowerStretch 300 (560 gm/m2 ) and it was cool when the water temperature got to 50o F. I was only at this depth for less than 15 minutes.

Bob, how does your 300g softwear compare to xerotherm arctics in both warmth and amount of weight needed? do you know how much additional weight the arctic required in general when adding it over a base layer or something you've used on its own?

Bob what kind of dry suit were you using with Janice's 300 g dry suit underwear?

I went to DUI Dog Days a week ago and had on their TLS SE with the DUI Polartec PowerStretch 300 (560 gm/m2 ) and it was cool when the water temperature got to 50o F. I was only at this depth for less than 15 minutes.

I have two DUI suits ... a TLS350 and a CLX450.

I do wear a thin (100g) layer of fleece long johns underneath the undergarment. So perhaps that's the difference ... but I just did two 60+ minute dives yesterday ... using the TLS350 ... and even managed the second one wet (it was raining out and I got out of the suit and undies between dives), and still was quite OK on dive 2.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob, how does your 300g softwear compare to xerotherm arctics in both warmth and amount of weight needed? do you know how much additional weight the arctic required in general when adding it over a base layer or something you've used on its own?

The Arctic is a warmer undergarment ... it's also more buoyant. In my case, there's about a 6 lb buoyancy difference. For me, that's too much of a trade-off. Besides, I really didn't like the 2-piece configuration, or the lack of pockets.

YMMV ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

aha! thank you, that is exactly the piece of info I have been searching for! I am looking at both the fourth element and softwear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom