Kudos to Sealife and Underwater Kinetics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*Floater*

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
During my last dive trip I experienced two unfixable equipment failures.

1. One of my UK Mini Q40 eLed Plus dive lights died. I was using it as a backup, turned it on before a dive to check it and it just died. The other one was fine. Switching the bulbs isolated the problem; bulb failure. The bulb had virtually no bun time on it as this was just a backup and I had never needed it in a real situation. UK offered to replace the bulb without any problems, I just have to mail in the faulty one. No flooding problems or anything else.

2. I took my Sealife Reefmaster DC310 on a 200' dive to shoot some video with the wide-angle lens attached. Everything was fine on the bottom and I got my footage (wish I had shot more), but during deco I took it out to shoot some footage of my dive buddies to pass the time and saw a half water filled view on my display screen. At first I though I had flooded the camera, but it turned out the water was inside the wide-angle lens, which Sealife has offered to replace without problems.

So Kudos to both. I do expect occasional failure, especially when pushing the depth limits of my equipment as was the case with the wide-angle lens (it's rated to 200'), but I appreciate that the company is willing to replace the equipment when such problems occur.

Sealife really is good on customer service.

A dive buddy flooded his camera, his fault, and they rebuilt the whole thing for him for $75.00.

Not a bad deal and they were very fast (10 days) in the turn around time.

Mike...

I flooded by DC210, turned out to be a known flaw in the strobe mount, Sealife replaced the camera and housing for no charge. Now that is customer service and standing by your product (especially since this was a second hand camera I bought used and of course was off warrenty).

Mike

Back
Top Bottom