Kubi v Scuba Force Thenar Dry Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kendall Raine

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Considering one of these two systems to use on old TLS 350 and would appreciate reviews from those who have used either/preferably both. I like the non-permanent aspect since any new dry glove system will likely outlive the dry suit itself and needs to be re-installable on the new suit (whenever that is). My TLS has permanent bottle style latex seals (which I prefer) which I will keep so I can dive wet gloves and as a hedge against leaks.

Some specific topics in your feedback would be great:

1. Ease of installation onto the suit
2. Durability (rings and gloves)
3. Propensity to leak
4. Is using a corded light/goodman handle a problem given diameter of the ring? I can use the 80 mm Kubi rings/standard size SF rings. Have read SF oval is better for this
5. Is there a need for longer latex seals with the SF (read this somewhere)
6. Ease of self-don/doff
7. Ease of accessing tail bolt snap/SPG bolt snap. Have read the oval SF ring design works better for this than round, but not sure if this is really the case since most people use round rings even with multiple stages/sm bottles

Thanks for your help.

1. Kubi wins
2. Equal
3. Equal
4. Kubi is lower profile at 80mm.
5. No need for longer seals on either.....atleast for my drysuits.
6. Kubi wins
7. Both work equally well.

Having bothe, i would go with the kubi 80mm. They are just all around better from whatnive seen.

Attachments

• 17296530900379141896546230120724.jpg
    17296530900379141896546230120724.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 13
Great thread topic! I have been using the thenar ring system for about 1.5 years now on my drysuit with zip seals. I have found them to be difficult to seat the rings together when self donning. I am considering switching to the kubi in an attempt to find a ring system that seats together more easily when self donning. I am watching this thread with great interest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom