Kua Bay Hawaii ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Porko83

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all
Hows the shore diving at Kua Bay in winter? or does the winter surf get in the way?

Was wanting a rundown on this site, entry and exit, points of interest, it looks pretty nice from the videos I've seen. Looking out to sea - Do you enter on the right side of the beach beside the rocks? And just dive with the rocks staying on your right hand side?
I'll probably be diving solo at this stage but as it gets closer I will see if anyone wants to join me which id prefer (January).
Cheers
Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 5.01.50 pm.png

Hi, not a diver but the best time for conditions atvKua is summer. Winter surf rips the sand away and the shore break makes it tricky tomenter and visibility is poor for snorkeling due to stirred up sand. Have snorkeled the route you describe and it is the way to go.
Have you considered Makaiwa at Mauna Lani? Better conditions can happen there in winter, nice coral covered lava fingers.

Back
Top Bottom