Kraken KLR-01 with Olympu E-PL10 Housing and 14-42 mm lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GGgug

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

I recently bought a Pen E-PL10 with Octo housing and the 14-42 mm EZ lens. I would like to take wider-angle shots. By wider angle shots I have an upcoming trip to Spiegel Grove where I hope to catch pictures of some of the reef sharks that frequent the wreck and another trip where I will be going to Cozumel to snorkel with whale sharks. If it is infeasible to use the same port/lens for these two situations please let me know and I can focus on a setup for reef shark-sized fauna. I came across the Kraken KRL-01 wet wide angle lens which has a focal length of 24 mm and a 67 mm thread.

My questions are below
1) If anyone has used the KRL-01 lens with the E-PL10 and 14-42mm lens I would love to here your experience
2) If there are other lens/port combos you might recommend for my situation I would appreciate it

Thank You!

Kraken Lens Kraken Sports KRL-01 Wet Wide Angle Lens, 67mm

KRL-01/WFL01 doesn't have a focal length, it targets 24mm lenses, so you won't get the full 130 degrees with a 14-42mm (28-84mm equivalent). You're better off with an AOI UWL-09 or Nauticam WWL-1; both target 28mm lenses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom