Kowalski 620 Speed or UK Cannon 100 HID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubagibbon

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am looking to buy a new torch and am interested in to know what your opinions are of these two torches.

Is the HID a good option - there don't seem to be too many of them around.

Thanks..

I have seen the UK light cannon underwater and it gives much better light and burn time. A member of my club has one and recommends it as the best torch he's ever owned. I just dropped my Princeton Tec last Sunday which cracked the case and flooded it, so I am looking for a replacement. The two things that put me off, is the torch case is also made of plastic and the rechargable light cannon is about £230 in my local dive shop.

I wasn't very impressed with the switch mechanism. For £230 it's a pretty naff affair. The switch lock/unlock is a little plastic tab that you have to pull out of the bottom of the switch and I wondered how fiddly that would be with gloves on ?
Very impressed with the white light though..

If its the same as all the other underwater kinetics torches then its easy to operate with 5mm gloves on. Can even do mine wearing 7mm mitts

I have 5 UKR laterns and have never broken one of them (yet) and some are 18 or so years old

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom