Kona Mile Marker 4 Scooter Run

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

S0ckm0nk3y

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey folks...

gnkdivebum and I took his (recognize them Kidspot?) scooters for a ride on Saturday at Mile Marker 4 on Ali'i drive in Kona. Thanks to the Tobin's Fury batteries we managed to pass under stand-up paddle boarders at Kahaluu and probably make it nearly to the Outrigger in Keauhou and back. We're pretty sure we covered over 2 miles round trip. Here's a little video I made from a point and shoot (white balancing is for wussies) that might be a little long in the cave... but that's just my predilection.

[vimeo]10007824[/vimeo]
Aloha,

-Eric

Eric,

Absolutely cool video!

Color me several shades of green with envy!!! We are having one of the most un-diveable winters in recent memory here on the East side, and then you had to go and bust out the SCOOTERS to add insult to injury :wink: (Actually, post more videos, they are fun to watch).

Hmmmm, my birthday is coming up; maybe if I show my wife how fun two scooters could be.... might have to sell a car, the pets, the kids.... :D

Best wishes.

Much fun was had! There was about an hour of trigger time on the batteries before we went diving, and we put about another two hours on that dive. The batteries needed 30Ah worth of charge (they're 54Ah) - we
could have done another 2 hours! These batteries are amazing.

Ouroboros RB and an X-Scooter - you win the best toys contest hands down...

PRISM Topaz, not an Ouroboros

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom