Kona manta dive video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beautiful video Robin! Thanks...it made me want to do that dive even more now.

Hi Ryssyr:

Did you do this dive on the Big Island @ Keauhou Bay? I was in Hawaii this July but didn't have the opportunity to enjoy this spectacular show. Thanks for posting the video. It's absolutely wonderful.

Claude

You got it. This was the 2nd time I have done the dive. Its now a must do on each trip to the Big Island. I bought my 15mm fisheye last year after getting back from that dive to prepare for the next time I happened to be there. Its pretty surreal especially when they do loops through the ball of fish.

I did that exact dive a few years ago. We only had one Manta but it was huge. It is my most cherished memory from that trip. Thanks so much for reminding me of it!

We did that dive a few years ago. If I recall correctly, we had 6 mantas show up that night. One of the most memorable and awe inspiring dives that I have ever done. They are huge, graceful and just absolutely amazing to watch. Really, the only dive I enjoyed in Hawaii. It made the trip worth while.

Any number of mantas past about six or seven is supersaturation since, in their crisscrossing looping arcs, they become uncountable by anyone who doesn't know the individual animals on sight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom