Kona Aggressor ....any thoughts ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dontaskme

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I so want to dive the Big Island. SBers have said its a great place, and I have a list of dive sites. I was thinking all Im going to be doing is diving while Im there.................if Im going to spend the time and $, maybe I should just turn it into a live aboard trip. Anybody been on this boat and what do you think ?

nice boat, good crew, great food. What specifically do you want to know?

If you haven't been there before I'd allow some non-diving time to see stuff on the island.

My son and I did the Kona Aggressor about a month ago. We had a great time. Diving was great, plenty of wonderful food and a great crew. I would recommend it.

Heard good things about the Aggressor, but no personal experience.
Done several boat and shore dives off the Kona coast, and were all fantastic.

SWEET, thats what I was looking for. Thanks everyone

I will book another trip to do terra firma

Did it last winter... and I live here.
What I can tell you:
Crew: Young (this is the Agressor training boat) professional & enthusiastic.
Food: best on any liveaboard anywhere in the world, thanks to weekly trips to excellent nearby food sources (all food is fresh, never frozen) and a very good young chef. Best food in Kona, for that matter.

Diving: above average for Kona, since they do the best sites the day boats do and also go south to South Point, where nobody else goes on any regular basis.
They do the manta night dive once & sometimes twice as well.
You will get a lot more diving in this way and a lot less effort involved.

If you are an experienced world traveled diver, you would find the diving in Hawaii pretty dull. But if you are new to the Pacific, this is a great starting point.

My guess is its actually a better financial move than resort/restaurants/day boat dives/car rental, etc. But I would still recommend a few extra days on land to do some of the other fantastic things on the Big Island.

Go for it!

donnyb
Im "new" to diving, not a world traveler, going solo, and not into photography( have heard this boat caters to photo), just want to get wet and not worry about anything else.
Im a huge fan of the islands, so far they are my favorite place in the US, and will keep returning to them as often as i can.
Thanks

Then you will have an excellent time.
I would not say I got the impression that the boat caters to photographers/videographers. They were very good at showing our guests anything they found, regardless of wether they had a camera or not.

I went as a solo & was lucky enough to have a cabin to myself. Diving solo was not a problem. Most of the time I was in clear view/ nearby other divers.

I don't know that they cater to photographers more or less than any other boat I've been on. But it does have a pretty large camera table for the number of divers on the boat, compared to some.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom