komodo-similan-wakatobi or...? shoulder problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

camden

Registered
Reaction score
hi everyone, i am now in bali, looking for different options to go diving. thinking about komodo but heard the currents are very strong and GF has a shoulder problem, we dont want her put in a situation she cant handle so we were wondering if it s possible to dive 4-5 days in komodo and find all the dives to be possible for her?
otherwise we were considering going to wakatobi or the similan.
also how about nusa penida is that also really strong??
thanks in advance i had good results with you previously.

Hi there, I've visited Komodo a couple of times, and for sure you can go diving at sites sheltered from current / minimal current, or just drift dives. Just let the dive operator know what you want.

For example, Batu Balong is a small island / pinnicle in the middle of a channel. When I've been there, if the current is coming from the north, we'd dive in the sheltered southern side of the island, go down to 25m or whatever, then 'zig-zag' slowly in the sheltered area, turning round whenever we started coming to where the current was. No problems. Have fun...

Has anyone been to Komodo and Cozumel so that they could compare the currents that each one offers.

Thanks,

Jon Gordon

jglandlord:
Has anyone been to Komodo and Cozumel so that they could compare the currents that each one offers.

Thanks,

Jon Gordon

Komodo currents can be much stronger. They also frequently create down or updrafts. They are not unmanageable but do require a bit of experience.

hi guys, thanks for the helpful input, still open to more input about similan, wakatobi or manado. but i did have pretty much the same answer for current management in komodo about an operator couple in nusa lembongan.thanks, and hoping for more info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom