Komodo - Mermaid II Liveaboard: any comments?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

badmrchris

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A few friends and I are planning an October trip to Komodo on the Mermaid II. How is this boat/trip? The website looks great, but before I drop the $$$ I'd rather hear from people who have done it before...

thanks all

willsy

I've dived from Mermaid II in the Similan Islands but not Komodo. It was very well run, crew were experienced. I was on the boat at the very end of the season but it still looked pretty good. It's spacious and comfortable. I'd happily go on it again.

I also have dived off this boat in Thailand and can echo that it is comfortable and the staff were good. I would not hesitate using them again.

I have also been to Komodo with another boat before Mermaid started going to that destination. Komodo diving is exceptional. Just be sure you are ready for advanced ocean dives including many unpredicable currents (up, down and all sides) and have proper exposure protection as the water temps from the nothern dive site can vary greatly from the southern sites.

John

I also was on the Mermaid II in March 2006 in the Similans. I have to agree that the boat was spacious and comfortable, the crew was excellent and I would definitely dive with them again.

Back
Top Bottom