Komodo in August/September

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Liberty01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have 3 weeks of holidays from mid August. Thought about a liveaboard off Labuanbajo end of August. I would have a few days time to dive and enjoy the beach. You cannot use the beach in Labuanbajo, and some resorts like Angel Island or Komodo Beach Resort are outside my budget.

I am flying via Bali, thus the land-based diving should be within easy reach from Bali or Flores.
I have already dived around Maumere (wihch wasn´t great) and Tulamben, Padangbai and Nusa Lembongan.

I thought about Scubajunkies Komodo Beach Resort or a few days in Northern Bali.

Has anyone stayed in the Scubajunkies Resort?

Any advice on other options?

Best regards,

Liberty

A bit on the expensive side but worth the go : Kalimaya Eastern coast of Sumbawa it's a 6hrs ferry ride from LBJ and a 1hr flight from Bali.

I've been to Scuba Junkies Komodo 2x.
Well run, nice location and gets you out of hot and dusty Labuan Bajo.
They mostly dive the central sites in the park, and as far south as Padar.

Thank you very much.
@dirtfarmer: wihich room type would you recommend?

Cheers,
Liberty

I stayed in the standard rooms, now I think those have A/C, i would have enjoyed some A/C to avoid my cold showers in the middle of the night to cool off. I think the dorm type rooms have been converted to standard rooms. If you want to save some $ the open air rooms look suffecient.

SJ Komodo.
The open air cottage(bale) is fine with me. But if you prefer a bit of privacy or having tons of photographic equipment then the room is more suitable.

Back
Top Bottom