Komodo Diving Day Trip- Worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I made the mistake of doing a day trip in Komodo after doing a LOB there and was a bit disappointed with the day boat . The LOB diving spoiled me and the day trip was a bit of a come down--I'm sure if I had done the day trip first I would have sung it's praises. To many divers (18) and many new divers--they did try to put more experienced divers together which worked out fine (4 to 1 guide ratio). Long haul out to the dive sites (90 minutes and the same back). Was the diving good? Sure it was--and if you haven't been to Komodo before and this is your only chance to dive there then for sure go for it! Most dive shops there (tons) will usually post outside their shop where they are going the next day, so if you have certain sites you would like to dive then check around. Enjoy Komodo--Lubuan Bajo-meeh--leaves a lot to be desired lol. Also there are a few shops that have fast boats that will get you to the sites much faster and with fewer divers compared to the larger slow boats---you can check on Trip Advisor which will direct you to dive shops websites to find out who has the fast boats.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom