Koloa Landing Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aascubagirl

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Okay, I dive Koloa Landing ALL the time and I always love it. There's always something new to see and the aquatic life is so diverse and abundant that even when visibility is down, the dive can be quite enjoyable. But - I just had the dive of all dives there and wanted to share for those of you who might be coming to Kauai and considering doing some shore diving. And for those who live here but don't get out as much as you'd like.

Yesterday's morning dive: Start off w/two huge turtles cruising by, segue into a baby Dragon Moray, visit a few very busy cleaning stations, encounter a baby turtle napping and another huge turtle swimming around and checking us out, another large Dragon Moray, spot a baby frogfish, a pair of Harlequin Shrimp, watch an octopus burying himself into the rubble and just when you think it can't get any better...encounter 5 large white-tip reef sharks hanging out on the sandy bottom just before heading back in! Wow! I am STILL on cloud nine after such an awesome dive! Hope no one minds my sharing but I have to tell someone! :D

I was there - it was cool. One of my best dives ever there.

Wow!

I did my first two Hawaiian dives there in March and had a great time. It's good to know that there's so much potential for great encounters there. I'm hopeful that I'll have the opportunity to dive there again next year.

Thanks for sharing.

Wish I could have been there too! Happy for you!!!

curious about which direction you took on this dive, right or left?

Koloa landing is a great dive site but I can’t say that I have ever encountered a Dive of that magnitude there or any where for that matter. :11: With that said though I can’t wait be back diving Kauai with Aquatic Adventures… See you guys soon.:lotsalove:

Aloha, Hinalo.

I went right, came across the middle and back up on the left side heading in (big u-turn, basically). This way, we got a sample of what was going on w/the aquatic life on both sides. The sharks were on the inside left in 18 ft. just before ascending to the "shelf" which leads into shore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom