Koh Tao Resorts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JerryR

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We live in Bangkok and are going to Koh Tao for a long weekend with out-of-town friends. We're looking for a good dive shop and a nice hotel that is in the price range of 2500 Baht per night per room. We're looking for something with a little night life nearby, some restaurants we can walk to, on the beach and a dive shop near by or in the hotel preferrably. Not too touristy, but comfortable and with A/C.

OK, let the suggestions come in!!!

Thanks,

Hi Jerry,

Have a search of the forums, as this question is asked quite regularly.

The majority of the resorts on Tao aim to cater for the backpacker market, but a full range of accommodation options exist... up to, and including, boutique spa resorts at the top range of anyone's budget.

The main bar/resto area is Sairee Beach.... and at the far end of that are several resorts that are more upmarket than the typical backpacker cottages. Maybe someone can name them...as I can't remember....

Seashell Divers, on the beach front in Sairee, has some nice rooms set back from the hustle and bustle, in your price range. The dive center is small, well managed, and offers a more personalized service than some of the larger 'sausage-factories'. It is by no means the only option.... justthe one I can remember! LOL

restaurant_11.jpg

thanks for this. You know, I tried to search "Koh Tao" on the search feature of the website before I posted and then I hit the "has this been asked before" and I didn't get any hits, even when I used caps or no caps for Koh Tao, I found that pretty strange.

With that said, thanks for the info, I'll pass this on to our friends and see what happens... I'm definitely looking forward to diving and chillin' and a few lost memories!!

Cheers...

Try Bans! The Suite Hilltop View looks really nice. Good location as well.

Ban's is pretty much a backpacker, cattle boat operation.... great if you want to meet people and party. Not so special for the discerning holiday diver though IMHO.

I doubt they splurge for the Suite. Been to Koh Tao many times and looks good. The whole island attracts many kinds. For location, price and accommodations worth consideration IMO. I have friends that stayed there and really liked it. Not backpackers by the way. For scuba, you can just walk around and have your pick of the mega dive operators. This provides a good base similar to what the OP described.

What do others think?

Nope! Did contact them to see if I could get an instructor's discount for diving but a no go. Maybe I got it wrong. Never personally stayed their, but as I wrote friends liked it who I work with. They took their top suites and were impressed. Is Seashell nicer RE: rooms?

I've never been in the suites at Bans. I don't doubt they are nice. I just think their diving is a little (lot) cattle boat. 4 huge boats, 30-40 divers per boats (shudders...)

I agree, but then you are right in the middle of things RE: location and you can dive with a host of others. I may go in October.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom