Koh Tao Instructor Jobs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lord Lucan:
Thanks everyone for the advice.

As far as work permits/ visas are concerned I was planning on getting a Non Im. B visa sorted (Possibly asking the shop I book my training with to send me a letter offering employment) before I go. Visa run every 3 months and I'd just keep my fingers crossed I don't get caught without a permit.
Be advised that Thailand is changing it's visa rules.

http://thorntree.lonelyplanet.com/m...messid=10307406&STARTPAGE=1&parentid=0&from=2

So they should. I have lived in Thailand for 6 years and I get pissed off with people coming in on tourist visas, working for crap money and sometimes for free!!! I have all my overheads incuding company tax, work permit fees every three months and of course tax on any money I earn. Hopefully the Thai authorities are getting wise and will start refusing people very soon. After all how does somebody stay in a country without working for 6 months plus????

Inclinded to agree with you Matty! Hope this gets rid of those who work without permits, dont pay taxes etc. Especially the freelance Instructors who arrive in the high season months and sell courses cheaply using their temporary bungalows as an office etc. Although to be fair some people are fortunate enough to have the means to travel for months without working.

Although to be fair some people are fortunate enough to have the means to travel for months without working.
I bet you that in their more active days they were not working as a diving instructor.

But agree with the rule. Unfortunately, some will suffer, I think it a pity e.g. that quite a few English teachers will have to leave the country, but that is the way it is.

stevenl:
I bet you that in their more active days they were not working as a diving instructor.

But agree with the rule. Unfortunately, some will suffer, I think it a pity e.g. that quite a few English teachers will have to leave the country, but that is the way it is.
English teachers, bar owners, occasional drunks, backpackers living on a thin diime, etc.

i lived on tao for 2 yrs i only speak english too. if u do ur idc with some of the bigger companys u might stand a better chance of finding work not always the case though. i trained with master divers and got work easy cos they were short of ins. dont go 4 the cattle markets it will only give u a bad reputation, in the scuba industry thats not good. ask people on tao they will tell u who these r. or send me a pm 4 more help

couldnt agree with u more its about time the gov got there act together now maybe there will be more work for the likes of us who really want to have a new life in thailand and get rid of the waisters (long live the king)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom