Question Koh Tao. End Sep'22. Advice solicited.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ha, I thought as much. The only place we went to on the eastern part of the island was Tanote Bay for snorkeling one afternoon, but honestly was not much to see there; the reef is small.

Second that. We stayed at New Heaven's accommodations (but did not dive with them). Devrin the owner is truly a fascinating person, very relaxed and has some incredible stories.
Great to here Dev is still on form, I was in Hong Kong with him pre dive shop but not seen him since the late 90’s however always here positive stories about him

Ill give him your regards then!
Great to here Dev is still on form, I was in Hong Kong with him pre dive shop but not seen him since the late 90’s however always here positive stories about him

I am going there tomorrow for 10 days. Been there already in April on a private boat and it will be the first time with my wife. Plan is to dive from Koh Samui on the 8th, attend a friend birthday the same day, go to Koh Tao on the 9th (No dive after drinking) and dive everyday from 10 th to the 14th. I am having an argument with my wife about scooters. There does not seem to be car rental in Koh Tao and neither of us has driven a scooter for decades. I would rather walk and sweat than end up in a hospital. I am not risk averse but riding a scooter seems to be a hazardous activity there. Way more than diving.

I am going there tomorrow for 10 days. Been there already in April on a private boat and it will be the first time with my wife. Plan is to dive from Koh Samui on the 8th, attend a friend birthday the same day, go to Koh Tao on the 9th (No dive after drinking) and dive everyday from 10 th to the 14th. I am having an argument with my wife about scooters. There does not seem to be car rental in Koh Tao and neither of us has driven a scooter for decades. I would rather walk and sweat than end up in a hospital. I am not risk averse but riding a scooter seems to be a hazardous activity there. Way more than diving.
I’d stay away from scooters, there used to be a memorial for all the tourist scooter deaths at the top of the hill. If your travelling far take a taxi.

Who you diving with.

I’d stay away from scooters, there used to be a memorial for all the tourist scooter deaths at the top of the hill. If your travelling far take a taxi.

Who you diving with.
Probably French kiss. Or Pimp my dive.

There does not seem to be car rental in Koh Tao and neither of us has driven a scooter for decades. I would rather walk and sweat than end up in a hospital. I am not risk averse but riding a scooter seems to be a hazardous activity there. Way more than diving.

Yes, unfortunately car rental options are very limited, if any. If you do not have recent bike experience, then yes, you are better off walking or taking taxis. I used to ride motorcycles until the pandemic, and it took me a few days to re-acclimatize myself with riding a scooter. Make friends with a taxi guy and maybe you can work out a deal!

Who you diving with.
Finally, I will dive tomorrow with

Who you diving with.
Finally, I am diving tomorrow with Simple life divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom