Koh Tao - Best place to stay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kemik

Registered
Reaction score
Hey,

I've been looking at dive companies to do my OW and AOW course with. Many of them do 50% discounts on their accommodation.

A lot of people here say make sure you learn with smaller dive companies as they're more personal so I've been looking at Simple Life Divers and Black Tip Diving. Does anyone have any experience with their resorts? I'm basically looking for a room with warm water shower and AC for a maximum of 1,500 THB a night (before discount).

Thanks guys.

A lot of people here say make sure you learn with smaller dive companies as they're more personal...

It's not so much the size of the Dive Shop you should worry about. Much more important is it that you are being taught by a patient and professional Instructor in a preferably small class of students. As an entry level student I recommend you to not attend any course with more than 4 students. Make sure you check about this before signing up and committing yourself.

:D

Hey,

I've been looking at dive companies to do my OW and AOW course with. Many of them do 50% discounts on their accommodation.

A lot of people here say make sure you learn with smaller dive companies as they're more personal so I've been looking at Simple Life Divers and Black Tip Diving. Does anyone have any experience with their resorts? I'm basically looking for a room with warm water shower and AC for a maximum of 1,500 THB a night (before discount).

Thanks guys.

Kemik...

On Koh Tao, I have stayed at Taa Tao Lagoon. I have been diving with them twice.

If you are looking for a smaller out of the way place, then I can recommend this one. The instructors and divemasters are good and care about what they are doing. Dive gear was in good condition. The resort staff is very friendly and nice.

They will pick you up at the dock or will refund your ÁÕaxi?

The bungalows are all kept clean, have a balcony with really awesome views of the bay sunset is really incredible. They all have hot water and some have AC. The restaurant has good food. I still remember breakfast of ÁÑineapple shake and fried rice with and sunny side egg on top. The hammock under the big tree by the beach. (Ahh I wanna go back!) They rent motorbikes if you want to get around the island.

They are online at:
http://www.taatohdivers.com

Book your dive course with a good operator 1st priority !For Small groups personal attention.

• Carabao
  • Scuba Junction
  • Dive Point
  • Black Tip
  • Big Blue (ask to be in small group)
  • Phoenix

Accommodation here is plentiful treat it as a separate issue.

Have fun enjoy the rock and try not to get stuck ! Most do ...

Back
Top Bottom