koh lak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hallboy:
Just a curiosity ( i ve not been through that padi sive master stuff ) You need 60 dives to be a DM? what are you allowed to do with that? i mean can you take an open wter to 100 feeet? are yoou used to deco dives? my only equivalent fo what i know is " Rescue "

in france i am level 3 and nitrox certified. i am allowed to do any deco dive till level 2 ( but level 2 limit you to a depth of 85 feet) and a depth of 200 feet. but i as i m nota depth guy i only have been to 150 feet. But i can do that only with an another level 3 , with a level 2 as buddy i would be limited to 85 feet, but deco div allowed.
Divemaster is a certified assistant rating. A DM can take certified divers to the depth and that they are certified to. A DM can take uncertified divers on OW dive #4 of the PADI OW class for an exploration dive but only under indirect supervision and only no more than 2 divers at a time.
The DM cert does not really extend your diving skills and range only your supervisory rating.

wedivebc:
Divemaster is a certified assistant rating. A DM can take certified divers to the depth and that they are certified to. A DM can take uncertified divers on OW dive #4 of the PADI OW class for an exploration dive but only under indirect supervision and only no more than 2 divers at a time.
The DM cert does not really extend your diving skills and range only your supervisory rating.

Thank you Dave; its just that with 130 dives i still somtimes feel like a beginner, not a "dive master". Or maybe is that my english is not so good and make me give a meaning to some words that is not appropriate ( for me Dive Master sound like Kung ** Master. LOL)

Philippe

hallboy:
OOOpss , my typo is not good neither: Kung ** master

It's not my typo !!! it"s big brother in the machine; how can you write the art of litlle Kwai chang caine " grasshopper ??????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom