Koh Chang in December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hlinak

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Howdy y'all. My wife and I are heading to Koh Chang in December and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on places to dive and shops to dive with. Also I heard there was an oil spill recently, is this area affected at all and if so is Koh Samet better?

Cheers,

Koh Samet is where the oil spill was, and is never better for diving that Koh Chang, where I would describe the diving as reasonable.

So by all menas go to Koh Chang, but I'm not familiar enough there to recommend a divecenter.

Where on the Island are you staying? There are a number of dive centres in all the resorts.
On K Chang many of the smaller shops seem to put their customers on the same boats, and at times particularly in peak season when you are going boats can become crowded. Always best to look for a shop that operates their own boat.

I always used a shop in White Sands called Scuba Evolution, had their own boat, and always provided decent service, unfortunately I can no longer find their website, or much up to date information on the net. Here is a link to a review of the shop that I found (http://www.ab-home.net/scuba-evolution/).

Does anybody know what happened to Scuba Evolution? Are they still operating?

Last edited:
I thought Scuba Evolution became Scuba Zone which is no longer in business.

I haven't dived On KC for a couple of years, just came to look up their website to post on this thread, and couldn't find anything, so that would make sense.

Shame if they have gone out of business, they were always good to dive with.

Took my OW course with BB Divers in 2010, they are pretty big with their own boat. As far as i remember they was OK.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom