Kodak DX7590

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ermaclob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hay does anyone have any experience with the old Dx7590? A buddy of mine passed his down to me and i just happen to have found the ikelite housing for it for 20$ on ebay :)

the thing is 5 mp which seems low considering my phone has a 16mp camera tho obviously the hardware in the camera is probrably better then the phones.

anyone got some sample pictures shot with the camera underwater and any opinions about it pros/cons does anyone know if theres a way to shot wide angle with it?

thanks

I don't know anyone who's shot Kodak underwater, but the specs on the camera would indicate it will work fine. The long zoom is a disadvantage for wide angle, as you'll have distance between the lens and port at the widest setting. Don't worry about the 5mp's. If it's a quality sensor, you'll only notice it on serious crops. The camera has full manual control and custom WB, which are important features. For $20, buy the housing. Test it underwater thoroughly using a one or two lb. soft-weight to make sure it doesn't leak and ruin your camera, then have a ball. What have you got to lose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom