Ko Pan Gan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

h90

Contributor
Reaction score
If lucky I am on Ko Pan Gan the next few days.
Any recommendations for diving there?

I searched on the internet, it seems there are a couple of dive center which all offers more or less the same.
No wracks :depressed:
everything seems to be shallow (Gulf is not deep).

Any ideas/recommendations/warnings???

thanks
h90

You'd be hard pressed to find any wrack diving, anywhere in the world.

There are plenty of wrecks though in the Gulf of Thailand, but almost all of them are outside recreational diving limits. I don't think anybody on KP offers tech diving, Koh tao would be more appropiate.

If on KP, go for a Sail Rock trip, in my opinion the best dive site in the Gulf. Conditions could be rough though, right now.

You'd be hard pressed to find any wrack diving, anywhere in the world.

There are plenty of wrecks though in the Gulf of Thailand, but almost all of them are outside recreational diving limits. I don't think anybody on KP offers tech diving, Koh tao would be more appropiate.

If on KP, go for a Sail Rock trip, in my opinion the best dive site in the Gulf. Conditions could be rough though, right now.

I got told that the Sail Rock is good, hope I can dive it.
I am a bit surprised....I thought the Gulf is very shallow and you hardly find something deeper than 40-50 meter.....

Can you recommend any of DC there on a quick search I found 4-5, but the webpages were very simillar......

Face it dude! Koh Pha Ngan is not for diving its for getting off your nut and partying your ass of.

If you want to do any good diving at this time of year you have to get yourself out of bed one morning and make the effort to get over the Andaman side. You can wear your hangover off on the boat and the bus and be ready to dive Thailands best sites the following day.

Good luck in your quest.

Cheers, Chris

Back
Top Bottom