Kittiwake Night Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nipi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Does anyone know whether the Kittiwake has been dived at night & which licensed operators are offering this? Thanks.

The first night dive for the Kittiwake is going to be tonight. Divetech offers night dives to it, but only when there is enough interest. Your best bet is to contact Divetech and ask them when they are going to be running their next one or to put you on the list so when they have enough people you can join in. Hope this helps.

I'm not sure it will really be worth night diving yet except for the "spookiness" factor!
It will need time for critters to get established on the wreck. So far we have just been seeing a few fish starting to hang out, most notably a large barracuda who seems to be enjoying the shade!

That being said we are more than happy to give it a go!

Actually the first official night dive on the Kittiwake was done last night (Wednesday, January 19th) at 7pm by the WNDC as a shoredive from Cemetery Beach.

kudos to you folks who have / will dive this at night. i dove it on monday with the very first sunset divers trip to it. i REALLY enjoyed it! i'm comfy diving at night, but to go through that wreck at night would probably scare me a bit. unless you're guided, i think you could lost pretty quick. that chain attached to the center top deck creates a wonderfully eerie sound throughout the entire boat.

side note to dm's: make sure to debrief people to NOT sawtooth this dive. i saw a handful of folks working their way up level by level, then going to the wheelhouse at 8'. THEN dropping back down into the bowels and even all the way down to the prop at 50' IIRC. just my .02.

Officially, the only way to register a dive as "official" is to have it officially entered into Porter's World Tours Official Dive Logbook of course. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom