"Kissing" Fish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aedavidson

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was on a liveaboard in Belize earlier this month and took this picture. I was curious as to what these fish were doing? Sorry for the picture quality as I am still very much learning.

Hi,
I got no idea....."Fish Kissing"......Lovely......
Cheer
Jason

Hi,

Is fun. Sharing air mouth to mouth "Fish Style".....HAHA:D

Cheer
Jason
MoonWrasse:
Sharing air, fish style.

Nice photo.

cool picture!! You got lucky enough to get the picture taken before they closed their mouths.

aedavidson:
I was on a liveaboard in Belize earlier this month and took this picture. I was curious as to what these fish were doing? Sorry for the picture quality as I am still very much learning.

Territorial dispute, or dominance jousting. That's what I remember. I saw a lot of Sheepshead doing this in California. X

I think that you are right X as I watched the first grunt came out of the coral opened its mouth and the other came in quickly. It was a lucky shot as it did not last very long.

Hi,

"Fish Kissing" maybe one of them out of air.....buddy breathing......JOKE....:D
Cheer
Jason
aedavidson:
I think that you are right X as I watched the first grunt came out of the coral opened its mouth and the other came in quickly. It was a lucky shot as it did not last very long.

Two different gobies were digging holes in the sand, apparently too close to each other. As one of them would come out of their respective hole with a mouthful of sand, they would spit it out into the other goby's hole.

Every couple of loads they would "square off" like this with their mouths open.

We sat and watched them for about 45 minutes. It was hilarious...

Back
Top Bottom