Kingston lodging

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjchandler

Contributor
Reaction score
going to Kingston at the end of August for a weekend. Dive shop received a quote from Holiday Inn at $240 a night. Is that the going rate around there? Are there more modestly priced accomadations? Any recommendations?

Call the guys at NTD they have a few places for cheaper they hook up thier customers with, I am assuming your going with them.

Try this place, its a hell of a lot cheaper maybe $65-80 a night for a decent normal motel room, they are just up the street from Northern Tech Dive.

Bay-Side Motel

4024 Bath Road (before Collins Bay Road)

Address:
4024 Bath Road
Kingston, ON

Contact Information:
Phone: 613-634-7400

The Bayside is great, and Tony (owner fella) loves divers. He will give special rates to divers (depending on the season, but usually under $90 per night, in August. Other times much better). One thing to note though, is that if you are a light sleeper, you may have a hard time. There are trains that run throughout the night, blaring their horns. It never really bugs me much, but you will hear them.

There is also the Welcome Traveler, about 5 minutes drive from NTD, on Princess. They are usually under $80 per night.

3100 Princess Street
Kingston, ON K7L 4V2
(613) 389-2928

That price you got is extreme for Ktown. :wink:

You are so right. I just got back and, while the Alexander Hendry was a unique experience, it was wholly impractical! Stay at the Bay Side next to NTD. You can get an extra hour of sleep.

I was in Kingston two weeks ago and stayed at a rather unique Bed and Breakfast. A retired Coast Guard Ice Breaker. We had the VIP cabins at 125 bucks a night, included admission to the adjoining Marine Museum and breakfast. Barely a five minute walk to downtown as well. If you choose this type of accommodation, plan on checking in after 4 pm and getting your gear out of the cabin in the morning since the ship reverts back to being an exhibit for the Museum for the day. Also, it's a ship....steep ladders are common. If you're prepared to haul gear up and down them, by all means, grab the Captains cabin, VIP's or the 2nd officers cabin. :)
Here's a link:
Marine Museum of the Great Lakes

Edit: I dunno. I had no issue with the ship. I asked for and got secure gear stowage on the main deck. The drive to NTD was pretty reasonable at 20 minutes and...you just can't beat the rates for the location.

Last edited:
We have stayed at the Highland 5 Motel, it is located across from Old Fort Henry. We were quoted $79.00 per night this year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom