Kids BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mochosla

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, I'm looking for a used BC for my 13 Year old daughter. Let me know if you have one your kid has outgrown.

My daughter is 11 and has already moved to a Small AL Latitude. Most of what are considered "kids BCDs" like the AL Wave Jr are probably going to be too small (also very limited in lift). You might want to look at the sizing charts on teh manufacturers websites and get an idea of what would work. Are you looking for Jacket, Back inflate, backplate and wing?

My daughter is 11 and has already moved to a Small AL Latitude. Most of what are considered "kids BCDs" like the AL Wave Jr are probably going to be too small (also very limited in lift). You might want to look at the sizing charts on teh manufacturers websites and get an idea of what would work. Are you looking for Jacket, Back inflate, backplate and wing?

Thanks for the advice. I'm interested in a back inflate. The issue is that my daughter is very slim. She only weights 80#.

Depending on how tall she is, you'll definitely be better off with a plate. With them you can adjust them to be wicked wicked small, but with a stab jacket you're going to get into the issue of lift. The ultra small rigs don't have hardly any lift at all. Depending on how small her waist is you may not find one small enough to fit snug. The transpacs adjust like a backplate, so you can snug them up real tight, she can use it essentially forever, and use whatever wings she needs

Sounds pretty close to my daughter. She is 84 pounds and 4' 10". Very Skinny. Her Latitude fits pretty good. Another feature that helps is a crotch strap several BCDs come with them or have the attaching points.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom