Kidde Compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grassy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have recently purchased a 4 stage 4 cfm Kidde compressor. Would anyone know where I might source a manual?

Also I have done some searching on the net and most people refer to the kidde as built for the US military, mine looks brand new and was sold recently to a boat owner by a distributor in Australia. Was the block design manufactured again recently or is it more likely I have a very old block that has been rebuilt and repainted?

Thanks in advance

Jeremy

Grassy:
Hi all,

I have recently purchased a 4 stage 4 cfm Kidde compressor. Would anyone know where I might source a manual?

Also I have done some searching on the net and most people refer to the kidde as built for the US military, mine looks brand new and was sold recently to a boat owner by a distributor in Australia. Was the block design manufactured again recently or is it more likely I have a very old block that has been rebuilt and repainted?

Thanks in advance

Jeremy

Hi ! Jeremy,

The Kidde compreesor manual source you may found it through http :www.tpub.com/content/compressors , as my understand these kidde compressors are built for military defense purpose only, currently still produce by the Meggitt Airdynamics, Inc. but I beleived personal only can be get it from a military surplus.

Even personal owned are military surplus item, but some of them are still looks like a brand new but just by chance and case, for my case I been purchsed a completed unit (4 stage and 4cfm output rate ) included a moisture separator, and a dry chemical canister in locally in about 20 years ago, for this one I am sured that, it's never been loaded and the outside look is perfect, since I have checked the gear reducing box still contained with a pure white grease in it and never turned it into black. it is the highest quality and compact compressor ( for same output rate ) I ever see.

Peter

Grassy,
If possible, post some pictures and the serial no. I might be able to help identify. I didn't see your original msg because it was posted during our diving season (east coast, USA).
Pesky

HI all,

Are part available for kidde 4 cfm comressors ? I have one lying around with holed interstage pipe and a bad 3rd stage valve.
thanks
Shil

Shil: Protecair.com might be able to find parts. The third and fourth stage valve springs can be replaced with stainless steel spring washers.

Here are the dimensions.

Wave spring,
Third stage;
OD: 1.00
ID: 0.563
Thickness: 0.010

Wave spring,
fourth stage
OD: 0.644
ID: 0.359
Thickness: 0.006

When contacting Protecair make sure you can communicate your problem. They have many parts, probably most are for the three stage Kidde of which they sell a lot. However, I bet that many parts are interchangable with the four stage

Pesky

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom