Kidde Compressor Challenges

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave556688

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am in the process of putting togehter a compressor using a Kidde 4cfm compressor. I have been fortunate to learn much from this board and from some emails from pescador775 (thanks!) but still have a problem

The female spline fitting on the compressor is something I am unable to match here in Oz or find a suitable part on the net - it has me beat!

Short of having a drive shaft machined up to fit this spline does anyone know what it is or where a suitable part can be obtained??

Thanks

Dave

Dave I do not know where you are at.

I have two such compressors. One small one 3.5 cfm I had to replace the engine on. the local small gas engine guys were able to help. They were able to mate on one. If your guys cannot, perhaps you could have it welded.
It was Rider Mower service in DeFunial Springs Florida.

The other I have is a 4 cfm, the guy I got it from replaced the engine and used a drive belt setup.

Do you know of any place to get parts? I am in need of gaskets for the smaller one

Hi All,

I am in the process of putting togehter a compressor using a Kidde 4cfm compressor. I have been fortunate to learn much from this board and from some emails from pescador775 (thanks!) but still have a problem

The female spline fitting on the compressor is something I am unable to match here in Oz or find a suitable part on the net - it has me beat!

Short of having a drive shaft machined up to fit this spline does anyone know what it is or where a suitable part can be obtained??

Thanks

Dave
I have had the part U need remanufactured. If you are still interested, let me know.

Murray

Dave, Jim Sheldon has the full mount with correct spline available. It is a cantilever system which was designed in the 1960's and appears to work well. A lot of people have used them in their systems. You can see it on his website. If you want a solid frame mount (bipod) as seen in my thread, "My Portables", I might be able to find one for you but it will probably cost a bit more than the other. Also, you would have to make a front mount to fully support the compressor. Not hard to do and I can send a drawing or sell you one.

Address problems, info and ideas to these guys:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Compressor_Team/

Dave, I have everything you need at a very reasonable price. These parts are new splines machined on a delco waterpump bearing. In 30plus years I have never had a bearing fail. I also have the support to mount the compressor and drive to a 5.5Hp Honda engine. Look at my web site <sheldensportinggoods.com> . I also have filter systems,fill whips, pressure relief valves and parts for the 4CFM Kidde compressors.
Look at the site and see if there is anything you need. I will also advise on building a complete system. You might join another yahoo group that specializes in modification of Kidde and Stewart Warner compressors. We are the Compressor_team which Pesky references in the response above.
Frogman62
Jim Shelden
316-992-0505

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom