Kid "Mcguyver's" full set of gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You got to give him credit for being inovative but that made me nervous just watching the video! :11:

What was the emergency procedure if it did not work?
I was watching him after he descended, flailing all his limbs, and then they started to slow down, and I just thought they would eventually stop. It was too boring, so I skipped to the end- how anti-climactic, he surfaced!
So, we have $50 for this setup, and $60 for their next attempt, and the labor...I think I'll just spend the $800 and get the real thing.
gomi_

So what? It was a garden spray tank for compressed air, some sort of manual valve (the spray nossle?) and stuffed it into the end of a snorkle with some more hose?

Why not just do the old bucket helm like a deap sea dive suit or something...lol

Not much in the way of any BC...

Lets hope they turn that energy to good some day...hehehe

Ha, That was cool! Yeah so not so hi tech as it could have been, but it worked for the pool, I suspect that the bailout from 10 feet involved swimming to the surface...

So I could rant on about potential safety issues, lung overexpansion, getting into trouble in other situations... But I'm a firm believer in Natural Selection, so let them play, if they cut it they may go on to do something awesome. It just shows everyone how simple the scuba concept is really!

R

I'm all for folks diving improvised stuff. I would have kept the sprayer on the surface with my tender pumping it up and used a garden hose for an umbilical. Could have dropped some lead and have more bottom time (depending on how fit my tender was).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom